On the Scene

Learn history of ancient sport

Learn more about an ancient sport similar to baseball. Sergio Garza of UC Riverside will present an illustrated lecture on “Ulama: An Ancient Mesoamerican Ballgame,” tomorrow at 1 p.m. in the Haag Recital Hall.

Everybody is invited to come and admission is free.

Celebration of Easter Sunday

Have lots of fun this Sunday in the Torrance Cultural Arts Center at 3330 Civic Center Drive, where there is going to be a celebration entitled, “Easter in the Armstrong,” at 10 a.m.

There is something to look forward to for all ages, such as a skit, a dance number and a barbeque in the plaza.

Free for all. For more information call Hope Chapel at (310) 320 – 2440.

Cinema Arts to launch ‘Restart’

The Cinema Arts Club is ready to debut its first project, “Restart”-a movie that tackles on the idea of forbidden love. The movie will be shown on April 23 at 7 p.m. in Marsee Auditorium.

The club will also show some of its projects during the mixer prior to the screening.

General admission tickets will be on sale for $5. Students may find more ticket information at the club’s website: http://v2rprod.net.

Late-night show taping at CBS

This is your chance to be on TV. Students may go to the taping of the “Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson” on Wednesday at 6 to 9 p.m.

The CBS studio is located at 7800 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles.

This will help raise funds for the Cinema Arts Club to fund future student projects. Interested persons may contact Alex Ruiz at [email protected]

Ticket bulletin

For more information on any of the campus events listed, interested persons may call (310) 329-5345, (800) 832- ARTS or log on to www.elcamino.edu/centerforthearts.