On the Scene

Celebrating Moscow’s finest

Named the 2001 silver medalist at the Van Cliburn International Piano Competition, Maxim Philippov brings his distinguished performace to Marsee Auditorium Saturday.
    Those interested may witness his natural elegance and deft musicianship starting at 8 p.m.
    Tickets are $26 for general admission and $22 for senior citizens, students with valid I.D. and children.

Orchestra and choir team up

Those interested may relish in the talent of the EC Symphony Orchestra in part with the South Bay Master Chorale and the South Bay Children’s Choir Sunday at Marsee Auditorium.
    The program starts at 3 p.m. and will include pieces by famous composers such as Rutter, Stevens and Schubert. Tickets are $6 and parking is free.

Resident Artist to perform

A performance by James E. Mack, Artist-in-Residence who plays the clarinet, will take place Sunday at the Campus Theatre.
    The event, which starts at 7 p.m., will include works of renowned musicians such as Gershwin, Hindemith, Poulenc and Romberg. Tickets are $12 and parking is free.

Enjoy Finland sans the jetlag

The World Travel Adventure Cinema will show “Finland” at Marsee Auditorium at 3 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. on Monday.
    Tickets are $6 for general admission and $5 for senior citizens, students with valid I.D. and children.

Ticket bulletin

To order tickets or for more information on any of the campus events listed, call (310) 329-5345, (800) 832- ARTS or log on to www.elcamino.edu/centerforthearts.