Former EC student on “Survivor: One World”

Christina Cha, former EC student is currently on the CBS show, “Survivor: One World.” Watch her compete for a chance to win $1 million, every Wednesday at 8 p.m.

Q: What motivated you to tryout for the show?
A:In Survivor Gabon 2008, I recognized one of my friends in the cast, Dan Kay. I was in very difficult place in my life where I was transitioning out of an abusive relationship. Seeing someone I knew personally gave me hope and made me realize if he could do it, then I can do it too. It took me 2 years later to gain the courage to apply. But the moment I decided to apply, I channeled all of my energy to get me through the process. Plus, I am naturally competitive and have strong social skills (I’m in sales!). Battling amongst all levels of players from different backgrounds sounded like a life adventure I needed attain.

Q: How do you like being a part of the show?
A: This whole process is so surreal to me. I’m still at “awe.” So far, I am perceived to be one of the smartest people in the show. Although, the last “blow up” at Tribal Council also showed that I am also a force not to be reckoned with. I would say it’s been positive so far.

Q: What did you have to do to prior in order to prepare yourself?
A: Prior to getting on the show, I had to watch and review all of the prior seasons of “Survivor” where I studied each successful player. I had to mentally prepare myself for something that I felt I was totally not prepared for.

Q: Are there any advantages or disadvantages of being on this show?
A: A huge advantage was a chance to live on island with no responsibility, no cell phones, no emails and no rules. Of course a 1 out of 18 chance to win $1 million! The disadvantages are the obvious: scarce food, the high stress of being voted off, possible injury, no toiletries and let’s not forget being a human platters for all bugs to come feast on your skin!

Q: What is the hardest thing about being on this show?
A: The hardest thing so far was trying to stay in the game after the first blow up at Tribal Council with Alicia. I had to immediately switch gears from being ultra aggressive to passive because I already had a bull’s-eye on my back.

Q: What keeps you motivated?
A: I always wanted to play the game with or without the million dollar prize. The “big kid” in me always fantasized about living on island playing the ultimate fantasy game. Except this time it’s real and I get a chance to win $1 million. Seriously, how can you not be motivated in this game? There’s a 1 out 18 chance to win a $1 million!!! What can I say? I’m a saleswoman. I’m money motivated.