Warriors take on double dual

With so many athletes sick last week, the Warriors couldn’t quite pull off a victory in Pasadena last Friday.

The men’s swim team lost to Pasadena City College 170-90 and to Chaffey College 204-72. The women’s swim team lost to Pasadena City College 156-75 and to Chaffey College 218-44.

“We have been training really hard,” Corey Stanbury, men’s and women’s swimming and diving coach said. “During practice they swim about seven thousand yards in two hours.”

Stanbury added that it has been hard keeping everyone on track with so many people being ill.

Feb. 24-25, the Warriors went to an Invitational at Mt. San Antonio College where there were several teams and about 700 athletes.

“There were a lot of good swims, some life time bests for some of our swimmers,”  Stanbury said.

The Invitational at Mt. Sac was very tiring, with each day lasting about 12 hours, Stanbury said.

Even though the Warriors didn’t win at the double dual meet in Pasadena last Friday, some of the swimmers still placed well in their events.

Sophomore Brandon Gregory placed third in the 1,000-yard free relay, 11:13.79, and second in the 500-yard free relay, 5:30.73.

Freshman Sean Bartlett placed seventh in the 1,000-yard free relay, 11:54.61, and fifth in the 100-yard backstroke, 1:09.49.

Freshmen Erica Bender placed second in the 200-yard free relay, 2:10.67, and third in the 100-yard free relay, 59.93.

Bender, freshmen Karina Vint, sophomore Shanese Douglas and freshmen Alexis Solaro, placed third for the women’s 400-yard free relay,4:19.36.

Vint placed third in both the 100-yard butterfly, 1:11.40, and the 50-yard butterfly, 32.53.

Freshman Stephen Sorbom placed third in the 200-yard free, 1:56.45, and fifth in the 100-yard free relay, 53.66.