Warriors Advance to Semifinals

With a last second, one-point win over Mt. San Antonio College Saturday , the men’s basketball team advanced to the playoff semifinals.

The Warriors had been in the lead for most of the game until Mt. SAC came back in the last 2 minutes, forcing Cameron Gray, power forward to shoot a game-winning bucket.

With 3.1 seconds left in the game, Gray came up with a 3-pointer that gave the Warriors the win they needed to advance, ending the game with a 57-56 score. 

Gray, who is the team’s leading scorer and re bounder, has been making a statement in the past few games, severe clutch shots.

A similar, yet effective style and pace was conducted during the men’s 82-77 win against Santa Monica on Feb 22.

“When you watch them play, you can see that they really want to win. They play with a lot of heart” student Stefani Leavy said.

Julian Camper, center, made a true impact on the scoreboards during the Warriors’ battle against Santa Monica, scoring the first seven points in the first half.

Camper was obviously unafraid to go into the paint and put up shots that his team, as well as his coach, would appreciate.

“He is a positive post presence for the team.” Michael Fenison, coach, said. 

Camper set the tone for the the team that ended up keeping a significant lead for the majority of the game.

At one point in the game, the Warriors were in the lead by 15 points. 

Also helping to keep the flow of the game intact was Joshua Wilson, point guard who averages about 12 points and 6 rebounds a game.

“He gets better every time he plays.” Fenison said.

Providing an extra amount of help during the last few games was Christen Clark, small forward who put 15 of the Warriors’ 57 points on the scoreboard in the Mt. San Antonio upset.

“The kids worked hard. They deserve to be in the playoffs.” Fenison said.

There is a chance that the Warriors can make it to the finals.

“We have a young team. It is special from the standpoint that we can still grow. We will grow well,” Fenison said.

The growth and hard work has definitely been showing itself and paying off.

The Warriors played at Antelope Valley yesterday for a chance to compete in the finals. For results, visit www.eccunion.com.