Athletes try different ways to get recruited

With new sport seasons approaching, student athletes are preparing for recruiters from colleges and sports teams around the world, an EC athletic counselor said.

“The hardest part about being recruited would probably have to be waiting for a school to talk to you, or waiting for a school to offer you a scholarship” Timmy Ehinger, a EC football player said.

Students athletes can be recruited to any college or any sports team around the world, as long as their grades fit the requirement, and they are in the right division.

EC has been known for their athletic program and it’s great athletes.

It’s reputation has scouts coming to the college, contacting the coaches, and keeping up with the students.

Some students even “put themselves on youtube, so that recruiters can see their highlights.” Chris Jefferies, an athletic counselor said.

Other student athletes “prepare for recruiting all the time,” Ehinger said, “because you have to play well, to get some of the schools to have interest in you.”

Coaches play a large part in trying to help these student athletes get recruited to the colleges they want.

“My coach always talks to us, and tells us the news of what schools are interested and how we should talk to the coaches of the other schools,” Timmy Ehinger said.

Although athletes receive all the help that they can get, it is a very competitive process.

“I have to start preparing for recruiting at the start of the year and it’s a constant thing for me until some school recruits me,” Ehinger said, “I would be happy to just be recruited by anyone.”