Former EC football star dies in shooting

One of the last things former defensive linemen for the Warriors football team Reginald Doucet admitted to the world was how much he appreciated life.

According to a recent “LA Weekly” article, just hours before the football star was shot and killed by Los Angeles Police Department last month, Doucet went on his Twitter account and posted a video to say how he felt.

“I live for this,” Doucet said in the video. “I could be dead right now, and I’m still doing what I’m doing.”

This was all just moments before a series of events occurred that would take the young athletes life.

According to the official LAPD police report on January 14th around 3:30 a.m., officers working patrol in the Pacific Area responded to a “Business Dispute.” “LA Weekly” also reported that the alleged business dispute was between Doucet and a cab driver who had driven him home from “Dria’s Hollywood”, a popular rooftop nightclub in Hollywood.

The police report continues to say when officers arrived to the scene, they were directed by residents to a naked suspect who would later be identified as Doucet. The police report also says that on third attempt to detain him, Doucet attacked the two LAPD officers.

“During the fight, Doucet repeatedly punched both officers in the face and head and at one point tried to take Officer Aaron Goff’s handgun,” the report says. In a claim of self defense the police report states that Goff, shot Doucet to stop the attack

“I wish I knew more information about the incident because the reports claim to describe the Reggie I didn’t know,” John Featherstone, EC football coach said. “He was a wholesome guy, had a great personality and we had no problem with him the two years he was here,” he said.

Featherstone added that he had recently saw Doucet prior to the incident.

“I saw him about five or six months ago, he had a lot going on for him. He was doing some modeling and had a good job,” Featherstone said.

As a former safety for the EC Warriors, Doucet obtained a scholarship to Middle Tennessee State University to play for the Blue Raiders.

“He was an outstanding player for us and a great teammate and captain,” Featherstone said. “This is a sad tragedy for his family and the football family here.”