Game-saving stop in injury time gives Warriors victory to remain undefeated

With the clock winding down in injury time, Blessing Ngwa, the Warriors goalkeeper, made a game-saving stop from a header at point blank range.
“It was a quick shot and I had a good reaction,” Ngwa said.
The save came to preserve a 1-0 win over San Bernardino Valley College last Friday.
This was the Warriors’ (3-0-1) third win of the season after finishing in a 2-2 tie against Golden West College last Tuesday.
The next game will be Tuesday at 4 p.m. against Victor Valley College at home.
In the 70th minute of the game, the team initiated a sequence of passes that led to midfielder, Edgar Lopez, to score his second goal of the season.
Lopez scored on a through ball, which he shot down low to the opposite corner of the net away from the opposing goalkeeper.
“I saw the open space given to me and I took it,” said Lopez.
Although the team is off to a successful start to the season, it knows it cannot let its guard down, enjoy or celebrate any victory for too long.
“We need to be more mentally ready for the games, especially early on during a match, Eddie Barragan, assistant coach, said.
“Working together more will be the key to success,” he said.
Barragan added that as a unit they are developing into a really good team.
“They are starting to get to know each other more and with each game they learn how each other plays,” Barragan said.
The Warriors play in the toughest conference in Southern California, which means there are no easy opponents and no easy wins.
Lopez said that each game will be very competitive and they must be well prepared for every game.
“We have to play hard for every game,” Lopez said.
“I think we have a better team than last year and we’ll be able to compete against the toughest teams in our conference. We have a lot of talented players this season,” he said.
Even with the success, the team is still taking it one game at a time.
“After every game we work harder to try to make up the mistakes we made in the previous game,” Ngwa said.
Britton said he is happy with the team and how it has handled the success.
“We need to keep training hard, hold possession more and have more confidence with each other,” Lopez said.
The team is off to a great start an look to maintain its success all season long.