Women’s team suffers injuries, has rough meet

Having only four runners last Saturday, the women’s cross country team members competed with their heads held high and a gave a great performance after several difficult injuries.

Next stop for the Warriors will be at Santa Barbara to compete in the Santa Barbara Invitational on Saturday morning. It will be their last meet of the season before they compete in the South Coast Conference finals in two weeks.

The Warriors will be facing colleges such as L.A. Trade Tech, Cerritos, Mt. San Antonio and Long Beach City.

“It is going to be a very difficult meet for us if we do not have everyone healthy,” runner Lori Cardenas said. “We had a rough outing last week, but we should be able to bounce back up.”

Last Saturday, the Warriors traveled to Irvine Regional Park to competed in the Irvine Invitational. The Warriors did not do as well as they had expected.

The Warriors were not able to place in the Irvine Invitational, because of the lack of runners on the team.

Cardenas placed 29th with a time of 21:59 in the 3.25 mile run. Just behind Cardenas was Yriko Miyata at 32nd place with a time of 22:15.

“It was a difficult week for us,” coach Dean Lofgren said. “We know we are capable of doing much better than last week.”