Students respond to their first week back after summer break

After months of vacation, a new semester has come and with it, new and returning students are here to learn again.

The fall 2016 semester started on Monday, Aug. 29 and the students shared their thoughts on their first week of school, like the issue of finding parking that El Camino has in the beginning of the semester.

“The only thing I dislike in the first week was the parking situation, but other than that trying to crush classes because it is difficult. It is pretty packed,” Adrian McDaniel, 25, business management major, said.

McDaniel is coming back after taking a year off.

Magali Zaragoza, 21, criminal justice major, reiterated the concerns of parking and said that “the school is crowded, so there is like a line for everything, but the parking is crazy. So many people frustrated because they don’t find a spot to park.”

New students also reacted to some of their struggles this first week of the semester.

“The week so far is good,” Monica Amador, 18, biology major said. “It is kind of hard for me being around people in class because I’m a shy person, but I was prepared to begin this new chapter in my life after graduating from high school.”

While Viviana Camargo, 18, English major said that she just graduated from high school and that she was prepared to start college. She added that in EC she feels “more freedom.”

Some of the new students like Carlos Melgar, 21, kinesiology major, are coming to El Camino from other college campuses.

“(It’s) a pretty nice school,” Melgar said. “I already like it better than Santa Monica College. It’s more clean (and) there is more variety of (people), and the people are friendly.”