Student ambassador Information sessions to start Tuesday

Students who are planning to apply for a job on campus with the El Camino ambassador program next semester can attend Information Sessions on campus starting today.

The first info session was today in the Art Building Room 106, and applications for the job will come out this week.

There will be two different deadlines for students to submit their application.

“We have a priority deadline and then we have a regular deadline,” Briana Gonzales, 20, Student Ambassador said. “We receive so many applications that we just have two deadlines.”

The priority deadline is on May 6 and the final deadline is on May 16.

Some of the duties that ambassadors have include giving tours of the campus to new students, they also attend events and fairs at high schools and other colleges.

“Ambassadors work at the info desk (in the Student Service Center) and in the financial aid lab,” Gonzales said.

For Reyno Renolayan, 21, computer engineering major, this is his first full year working as an Ambassador.

“It’s been really fun but the same time it’s been really crazy because you have to adjust to everything that happens all the time,” Renolayan said.

Renolayan recommended that students to apply for this job if they want to learn more about EC.

In the same way, Brigette Carballo, 20, sociology major, said that she also recommend students to apply because it a great opportunity to help other students.

“It’s been such an honor and pleasure to service students and help them out,” Carballo said. “I love helping students.”

The next information session is on April 5 at 1 p.m., but Gonzales said they haven’t confirmed a room for this session yet. She went on to say that they will put more updated fliers this week.

The last session is on April 27 in the Student Services Center, Room 207.