Library honors faculty; ‘READ Posters’ unveiled

Kristie Daniel Di-Gregorio, human development professor, and Dean of Humanities Tom Lew stand next to their new unveiled READ posters in the library on Thursday, April 16. Photo credit: John Fordiani

The Schauerman Library hosted an event to dedicate posters on April 15.

Every year since 2005, posters have been unveiled to honor faculty members who have been active in their service to the community during National Library Week, Alice B. Grigsby, director of library and learning resources, said.

During the introduction of the celebrities, Mary McMillan, public access librarian said, this year, in addition to the 28 previous honorees, Dean of Humanities Tom Lew and Kristie Daniel-DiGregorio, human development professor, were presented.

Both Daniel-DiGregorio and Lew were given the opportunity to talk about the books they held in the poster, why they chose them and about having the opportunity to have this honor.

“I’ve had a lot of great reads,” he said. “I’m really flattered and honored to have this. I usually shy away from the camera, but I was very pleased to pose for READ.”

Daniel-DiGregorio has been able “to learn and grow” with books. She chose to end her speech, before the unveiling, with a quote from Thomas Jefferson.

“I cannot live without books.” she said.