Police Beat

Police arrest woman with fliers

Conducting a parking lot foot patrol in lot F, a police officer observed a female illegally placing advertisement fliers on windshields of people’s cars.

She was found to have a $3,000 arrest warrant issued by the Kings County Sherriff’s department for driving 110 mph on the freeway. She was given a citation to appear in court regarding the warrant.

Black eye given in Student Activities

A male student came into the police station lobby with a bruise on his eye and said he was punched in the face by another male student in Student Activities, regarding a female student.

Police were able to get the suspect’s name and find the class he was in where he was taken out and arrested and charged with battery.

He was given a citation to appear in court and will be referred to the dean of enrollment services for possible disciplinary action.

Two cars hit on Manhattan Blvd.

Police received a call regarding a 75-year-old female who hit two parked cars on Manhattan Beach Boulevard.

She was not hurt and the vehicles owners were located and insurance information was exchanged.

Drunken man caught in car

A police officer observed a vehicle illegally parked in the middle of Manhattan Beach Boulevard Thursday night.

Inside the car was a man who appeared to have alcohol on his breath and eyes that were red, bloodshot and watery.

The man said he was picking up his girlfriend, who was a student. He said they got into a fight with her leaving the car in the middle of the street and walking toward the campus.

He was charged with public intoxication and transferred to the Torrance Police Department where he was not charged.

Student collapses from seizure

Police officers responded to the Student Activities Center regarding a female student who experienced a seizure and fell from a standing position, hitting her head on the floor.

The fire department and paramedics were requested and the student was sent to Gardena Memorial Hospital.

Student suffers asthma attack

Police officers responded to the Administration Building regarding a female student having trouble breathing.

The student suffered from an asthma attack and did not have medication with her.

Paramedics and the fire department were requested and the student was transported to Gardena Memorial Hospital.

Man rides wrong way, goes to jail

Police officers stopped a man for riding his bicycle on Manhattan Beach Boulevard opposite of traffic and without a light.

He was found to have a $1,000 arrest warrant issued by the Torrance Police Department for violating a municipal code.

He was transported the police station to be picked up by Torrance Police.

The Campus Police Department is located at 16007 S. Crenshaw Blvd. The phone number is (310) 660-3100.