Police Beat

Fingerprinting leads to arrest

Last Monday, a female came to the police department to get fingerprinted as an armed security guard. Turns out she had a $10,000 warrant for petty theft and was arrested and booked at the Torrance Police Department.

Police cadet loses $300 from locker

Officers responded to the men’s P.E. locker room Saturday after a police academy cadet reported having $300 missing from his locker with no sign of forced entry.

Students collide, dispute ensues

Following a dispute between two students who bumped into each other, a Schauerman Library staff member called the police after one student reported that he believed the other brandished a gun.

Police responded and began to search the area, finding the suspect unarmed. He was released from police custody pending further investigation.

Officers arrest fighting females

Officers responded to the Technical Arts Building regarding a fight between two females, one of which was a student.

Both were arrested and charged with fighting on school grounds.

Suspect admits to attempted theft

A student talking on her cell phone outside Schauerman Library was approached by a suspect who demanded she turn over her cell phone, threatening her with assault with a weapon he claimed to have on him.

The student walked into the library, telling the suspect to leave her alone and contacted a library staff member who called police.

The suspect was apprehended and admitted to the attempted theft. His car was impounded.

The Campus Police Department is located at 16007 S. Crenshaw Blvd. The phone number is (310) 660-3100.