Police Beat

Stereo taken from Lot F car break-in

Overall damage costs, including a stolen car stereo, totaled $340 when a student’s car in Lot F was broken into Monday.

After leaving her car at 1:45 p.m., the student returned at 5:35 p.m. to find her car’s passenger side broken into.

Vehicle occupants charged with felony

Four people were arrested on felony charges of possession of a controlled substance and giving false information to officers Monday.

After they were pulled over for making an illegal left turn, two males and two females in the car said they were just finding a place to hang out. The driver said that he had some crystals in his pocket.

Student victimized with car scratch

A female student found the word “liar” scratched into the body of her vehicle in Lot L Tuesday.

She said she intends to prosecute if she finds out who did it.

Man charged with having marijuana

A man was given a notice to appear in court for charges of marijuana possession after he and another man were caught by officers Wednesday.

The man admitted to having some marijuana in his left pocket.

Woman cited for not having license

A woman was cited for being a non-licensed driver after she was caught by officers Thursday.

She was found parked next to the red curb by the Technical Arts Building, yelling at people who told her to move.

Stereo, property taken in break-in

A student’s vehicle was broken into in Lot H Thursday, with stolen personal property and stereo equipment totaling $12,000.

He came to his vehicle at 2:15 p.m. to find the back passenger-side window smashed open.

The Campus Police Department is located at 16607 S. Crenshaw Blvd. The phone number is (310) 660-3100.