Police Beat

Student caught smoking pot

A male student was found smoking marijuana by the lower structure in Lot F last Thursday.

Officers stopped and performed a search on the student, finding more marijuana in his front pocket.

He was given a citation and a ticket to appear in court. He also will have to go to see the dean of students.

Driver caught licenseless

Officers pulled over a driver who ran through the stop sign at the corner of Lot D and the Technical Arts Building on Monday.

The driver only had a permit and his car had neither registration nor insurance.

He was issued a citation for driving without a driver’s license or being a licensed driver. His car was also impounded for 30 days.

Female student has dizzy spell

A female student complained that she felt dizzy in the Technical Arts Building last Friday.

She refused any paramedics care in the ambulance and was taken to the Health Center, where she was later picked up by a friend.

Man with O.C. warrant cited

Officers questioned a man who was sitting in the backseat of his car in Lot F Friday; the man said he was waiting for his friend to get out of class.

The driver had a $5,000 arrest warrant from the Orange County Sheriff’s Department.

The officer was instructed to issue another citation for the male subject to reappear in court.

Driver is cited, becomes ill

A vehicle was pulled over for expired registration tabs on Crenshaw and Redondo Beach boulevards last Friday.

The driver also had a $1,000 warrant from the Sheriff’s department. Officers issued a notice for him to reappear on court.

The driver complained of chest pain during the stop; she was transferred to Gardena Memorial Hospital after the citation.

The Campus Police Department is located at 16607 S. Crenshaw Blvd. The phone number is (310) 660-3100.