The Fitness Center is open to all students

The Fitness Center houses multiple pieces of exercise equipment for students and faculty to use. The center is located in the North Physical Education Wing and is open to students enrolled in PE courses and faculty. Photo credit: Armando Zelaya

The Fitness Center, located between the North and South gyms and next to the sand volleyball courts, is a place where students and staff can go to workout and stay in shape all year round.

Most facility members go during their lunch break. Students that are enrolled in a P.E class go to work out as well all athletes.

One way to have access to the Fitness Center is to be enrolled in a P.E. class or be an athlete. Students will have to show enrollment and have an ASB sticker, watch the orientation video and fill out and submit the registration form.

However, if students are not enrolled in a P.E class or are athletes can still use the Fitness Center. Any student can do this by going to the Technological Building, located on the Manhattan Beach side of El Camino College. Students will have to pay a fee of $49 for the entire semester. The ASB sticker must be current. Students will have to watch the orientation video and will also have to fill out and submit the registration form.

The Fitness Center has one important rule: “You have to have a towel in order to workout at The Fitness Center,” Jared Waters, employee at the Fitness Center, said.

Students that work out at the Fitness Center mainly do so to stay fit.

“I work out about three times a week. I mostly focus on core, upper body and lower body. I am working out so that i can stay in shape and stay fit because I am a soccer player,” said Emmanuel Corona, men’s soccer player, said.

The Fitness Center is open every Monday and Wednesday from 7:30 to 11:30.a.m., closes, then reopens from 4 to 7 p.m. On Tuesday, Thursday and Friday it’s open from 7:30 to 9.a.m., closes, and reopens from 4 to 7 p.m.

For more information on the Fitness Center, contact Kimberly Jones, fitness coordinator and instructor at [email protected] or call 310-660-3593, ext 3667.