Spring Break on a budget

Are your banking accounts low but are in need of an affordable getaway? Many students have planned to go to a variety of different places, all on a budget.

“You shouldn’t let the fact of not having enough money stop you from having fun,” Mark Hernandez, 19, Photography major, said.

Students study hard all semester and are ready for Spring break. Now all that is left to figure out is.where?

“This spring break I really want to get out of Torrance, but I don’t have that much money to spend between school and my other expenses. I would say Morongo [Resort and Casino] is a good place to have fun. It’s right before Palm Springs, and that already is known to be a party spot,” Hernandez Said.

Morongo is great for college students to just relax and play the odds. Since the Casino is part of an Indian reservation the minimum age to gamble is 18. Students can have a great time spending some money and hopefully come back with memories and extra cash in their pockets.

“I think I’m going to go to Six Flags [Magic Mountain]. I have an annual pass so I don’t need to pay to get in, maybe just for food and games. But, seriously, the roller coasters, arcade, games, and prizes? That just makes me excited to go with my friends,” Victor Ramirez, 19, Music major, said.

Amusement parks are another hot spot for spring breakers. These parks are full of fun activities and cotton candy. Also, most of these parks offer annual passes when you purchase your first ticket at regular price, which is definitely a good deal.

“I’m definitely planning to go to some water parks. I might end up going over to Raging Waters to beat the heat,” Michael Woods, 19, Architecture major, said.

Water parks, another age friendly environment. With the gradual transition into Spring, water parks are the best way to have fun and stay cool. These parks offer many water slides, tubing, and wave pools. People can never be too old to enjoy the features of a water park. Just imagine having a refreshing frozen lemonade, laying out a long side a pool with a bunch of your favorite friends.

“Another good place to visit would probably be Laguna Beach, the beach there is so nice and the weather is perfect. Afterward, there are many nice restaurants to go have dinner even on a budget,” Woods said.

Laguna Beach is known to be the land of the rich, but that doesn’t mean that there isn’t plenty to do there on a budget! The beach looks so beautiful during the day and most hotels line the coast. With careful browsing the Art Hotel in Laguna Beach offers affordable rates of $89 a night for a standard room when you mention the LagunaBeach.com special.

“Even though money is tight right now, I don’t plan on letting it hold me back from enjoying my spring break. There are plenty of things to do and I’m sure I won’t come back empty handed,” Ramirez said.

Take a day trip to a new city and browse through shopping malls. Anything is possible with careful planning. Money should not define the vacation but should just give it a guideline.