A guide to recognizing how to live a full life

As she wakes up after a short night of sleep because she was bombarded with homework, April David, English major, once again ponders what her adventorous life would bring her.

David believes in consequences in life and that smart decisions are necessary if you don’t want to regret anything. She said that every decision in life, major or minor, will have consequences.

“I have made many bad decisions in life, and there are so many things I regret,” David said.

David said that her philosophy on life can put her at an advantage to others.

“I feel like I’m always aware of consequences,” David, 22, said. Sociology student Kyle Bennett believes that life is meant to be lived at its fullest. He thinks that even if we make mistakes, we can always learn from them later on.

“We shouldn’t be too concerned about what we do in life because we can learn from our mistakes later on,” Bennett, 19, said. “What if a mistake is made to be learned from? You never know.”

Bennett also thinks that time is not meant to be turned back so people have to take advantage of each and every second that is being spent.

“People wish they can turn back time,” Bennett said. “It is not going to happen, so for each second that we live, we have to take advantage of it because something great might happen.”

While certain problems in life can become thorns on people’s crowns, criminal justice major Marco Galindo said he believes that problems are OK because there are always solutions to them.

Galindo’s philosophy of “problems are made to be solved” sticks with him everyday and he doesn’t think it is a bad thing.

“Problems are actually good for you,” Galindo said. “In life we are faced with many problems, some people even hide from them. But why not face and solve them? Problems are OK and are a part of life, just make sure you know how to handle them.”

Nursing student Peter Corpus has a philosophy of life that can also be known as a common cliché, “Whatever happens, happens.”

Corpus, 19, said believes a lot of people are afraid to do things because they might regret something later on and said it is OK to make mistakes because you will learn from them.

A lot of people are afraid and are uptight about certain things but we have a destiny in life and just do certain things because, if it is meant to be it is meant to be, Corpus said.

While students turn to cliché’s and quotes to have philosophies to live by, other students simply turn to a higher power.

Business student Chris Moore said he puts his trust in God to guide him in life. He thinks it is important to believe and connect with God.

“I put my belief and trust on God more than anything else, because he is the one who holds my destiny,” Moore , 21, said. “It is crucial to connect with God and pray to him, not just on Sundays, but everyday as well knowing he will or will not bless you because of how you are with him.”

Moore emphasizes that we should not be hypocrites in this world. With many people going to church on Sundays, Moore believes people are only being “Godly” on Sundays, but when they step out of church, they become hypocrites.

“That’s why it is important for me to connect with God,” Moore said. “People only become Christians or Catholics on Sundays, but when Monday through Saturday rolls around, they become someone else. It’s not right.”

As far as philosophies in relationships go, students believe in one important element: trust.

“In relationships, you have to trust the other person,” Galindo said. “If you don’t trust the person you are with, then you don’t really love that person.

Corpus said relationships should be taken slow because couples don’t want to rush into things.

In life, we are faced with many problems and issues that seem insurmountable at times but are very much a part of life.

“Life has many curveballs,” Bennett said. “But it doesn’t mean we can’t hit them.”

No matter what philosophy they subscribe to, students are learing to face life head-on as it comes at them.