Student Picks: Matthew Sanders

Matthew Sanders, 23, psychology and English major Photo credit: Nohemy Barrera

One of the lifelong debates and conversations we all come across is picking our favorites for everything from food to sports teams.

“The Union” went out and interviewed students to get their take on what are some of their favorite arts & entertainment features.

Our first featured student is 23-year-old psychology and English major Matthew Sanders.

Question: What is your favorite movie and why?

Answer: “Suicide Squad” was a really good movie. I like a lot of movies, but it just depends on what I’m in the mood for.

Q: What is your favorite TV show and why?

A: I like the TV show “Shameless,” [not the U.K. version] but the U.S. version, I like how it’s about a dysfunctional family and it’s a lot different from the norms that are set for us; it’s really the perfect storytelling.

Q: What is your favorite book and why?

A: We’re actually reading a good book in class [English 1B] called, “Songs of Solomon.” I like other books too, but it also depends on if the title catches my attention.

Q: Who is your favorite musician and why?

A: Lana Del Rey, I went to go see her in concert and I love her. I went to go see her at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery, I didn’t realize it was an actual cemetery until later on, but I thought it was pretty cool.

Q: Do you have a favorite artist? Who and why?

A: I’m thinking [literature wise] it would have to be Edgar Allan Poe; his writing is really dark and twisted and I think that is true literature.

Q: Do you have a favorite video game?

A: I don’t really play many video games, but I do like one that’s called, “Warframe.”[Like many video games] it gives me a lot of freedom and the whole idea and storyline is really interesting. There’s missions you have to complete and I like that.