“The Avengers” excites action fans and demolishes box office records

With everyone seeing things their own way and wanting to be the hero, it is not always easy or cohesive for people to work as a team. This is exactly how the group of superheroes from director Joss Whedon’s “The Avengers” starts off.

Since its opening on May 4, “The Avengers” has become the top grossing box office film of all time, surpassing “The Dark Knight.” It is rated PG-13 and all two hours and 23 minutes are action packed and well worth it. Everyone should see this movie, and it should get eleven out of 10 stars.

From the first scene, the movie is a hit. Scarlett Johansson plays a Russian spy, Black Widow, and opens with a knock-out scene that you cannot miss. She and Samuel L. Jackson, as the leader Nick Fury, are sent out to unite the non-conformist heroes as a team.

The Avengers consist of: Captain America (Chris Evans), Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), The Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) and Thor (Chris Hemsworth).

As a unit, their objective is to find the cosmic cube, which with its gamma signals is the key to opening and closing the portal to the dark universe where all the evil comes from.

This is no easy task, for the cosmic cube is hard to locate and can only be found with the help of scientist Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo), the Hulk’s human form. Making it even more difficult is the twisted villian Loki (Tom Hiddleston), who, with his powerful staff and brain washing powers, plans to conquer human existence.

Loki’s evil plot begins when he is transported from his hellish world to Earth. After making a grand entrance, he is approached by security guards, who he quickly overpowers. He then begins his work by using his multi-tasking staff to brainwash the archer Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), one of Nick Fury’s strongest assassins.

With the help of few more “fixed” allies they make a getaway in a vehicle along with the cosmic cube as the ground the research lab is built on begins to crumble.

This is only the beginning of the non-stop action plot.

The story line takes you through twists and turns similar to that of thrilling roller coaster ride at your favorite amusement park. The show keeps you on the edge of your seat and is nowhere near predictable.

The acting in it is phenomenal, except that the villain does not match up to the sinister villain in “Iron Man 2.”

Still, Robert Downey, Jr. comes back from that same movie with his character, Iron Man, with his dry humor and jests that add comedy to an otherwise action-centric film. The writing gets high marks as well as the cinematography, so anyone can enjoy this film.

The film teaches us that sometimes the deepest kind of truth can only be found in a fictitious, science-fiction story where some people are more powerful than others.