Prepare for a “Cosmic Night” in Fashion

The future. 

That is the theme for EC’s upcoming fashion show entitled “Cosmic Nights” which will feature some of the works of the campus’ fashion students. 

“Cosmic Nights is futuristic and odd, maybe not of this planet,” Geraldo Gonzalez, 19, fashion major said. 

Fashion majors Kaycie Fellows, 20, and Whitney Blakeman, 19, is unveiling their line called Vice Designs which they describe as being simplistic, sexy and also casual. Utilizing garments such as flowy pants, high waist skirts , flowy t-shirts and layered miniskirts, Fellows and Blakeman adhere to the futuristic theme of “Cosmic Nights” by choosing to be minimalist and use shiny fabrics.

“Our looks is timeless, its the past, its the present and the future,” Fellows said. 

Gonzalez is creating a men’s line that he said is classic, edgy and neutral. His line includes jackets, shirts, vests, muscle shirts and shorts. While his clothing won’t necessary follow the futuristic theme, he plans on other ways to incorporate the futuristic aspect of the show. 

“My theme doesn’t have to be out of this planet it can be simple but I am going to mix it up with the make up,” Gonzalez said. 

For designer Allie Rodriguez, 23, fashion design major while her line may not be futuristic, its clothing that is meant to be causal and is much more a Spring collection as most of her clothing utilizes purple and pink

“My line is just every day stuff we would want to wear, everything is fun, sexy and laid back,” Rodriguez said. 

Her line was aimed at only teens but after deciding to use a child model in the show she decided to adjust her line to include children and much of her line’s clothing is expired by two famous people: Elizabeth Taylor and Lauren Conrad, Rodriguez hopes that the show will get people recognize the talent that her and the other designers have. 

“I hope they see I have talent, I have skills that I am a really good designer,” Rodriguez said. 

“Cosmic Nights” land in the Marsee Auditorium on June 2nd and tickets are on sell now.