On The Scene

On the scene ARTS

1. DANCE

The dance department presents an eclectic concert of hip hop, ballet, tap, and jazz titled “Ellipsoid.” This student choreographed show presents instructor guest stars, and is the culmination of the entire semester’s work. Taking place at the Campus Theatre it will run from Dec. 2 through Dec. 5. Tickets are $15 and may be purchased at the box office.

3. MUSIC

Voices will harmonize for the Winter song fest by the Women’s Chorus, Voce Angelicus. This show will highlight voices in a classical to modern music style. There will also be various solo’s of piano, and guitar as well as holiday favorite songs. The song fest can be enjoyed Saturday, Dec. 4 at 8p.m. for $10.

4. MUSIC

Chorale and Concert choir of the music department presents the Glorius Christ-Mass featuring Puccini’s Messa de Gloria. This concert will be accompanied by a full orchestra, playing classical music in an operatic melody. There will also be five student soloists. Beginning on Sunday, Dec. 5 at 8p.m., tickets can be purchased for $10.

5. MUSIC

The annual sing along, Messiah sing-along, is back once again on Friday, Dec. 10. This sing-along invites the community to come and join members of the South Bay Orchestra in celebrating the holidays. Featuring four professional singers, scores may be brought from home or picked up at the door. Admission is free and begins at 7:30p.m.

6. THEATRE

Presenting a unique rendition of a classical holiday musical, the South Bay Ballet will be performing “The Nutcracker.” Featuring lavish sets, intricate costumes, and many special effects, tickets will be available at the Marsee Auditorium box office for $30. The show will run from Dec. 18 through 19 at 2p.m.