On the Scene

“Rocky Horror” comes to Warner Grand

The “Rocky Horror Picture Show” begins every Saturday night at midnight at the Warner Grand Theatre beginning this Saturday. The fast-paced, sci-fi musical is the story about a couple that accidentally falls into the lair of a transvestite vampire. The film is full of strange characters that will have you wanting more.

Tickets are on sale 30 minutes before the show or online for $9. For additional information, interested persons may visit www.warnergrand.org.

Philippine Arts, Culture

Point Fermin Park in San Pedro is holding the 18th annual Philippine Festival of Arts and Culture. There will be live music, Asian cuisine, a vegetable competition and more during the two-day festival on Saturday and Sunday.

Tickets cost $7 each and doors open at noon. Interested persons may visit www.filamarts.org.

Local Variety Show

Performing at the Torrance Cultural Arts Center, local employees will be contributing to the 11th annual Torrance Employee Variety Show on Saturday. It is expected to be an evening of entertainment and humor.

The show begins at 7 p.m. and admission is $15. All proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. For more information, interested persons may visit www.ci.torrance.ca.us.

Night of Mexican Fun

The James Armstrong Theatre will present an evening performance of Noche Mexicana (Nuestras Raices) on Saturday. Be entertained by a night of dance and music from Mexico.

The show begins at 8 p.m. and admission is $20. Interested persons may call 310-781-7171.

-Annastashia Goolsby