On the Scene

South Bay Youth Orchestra will be entertaining an audience of music lovers with the show “American Honda Winter Classic” at Marsee Auditorium this Saturday at 7 p.m.

Music being performed will be from classical moguls such as Mozart, Haydn, Holst, Reed and Walton. Special guest L.A. Metro Brass will make an appearance.

Tickets cost $8 and sales will benefit the Youth Orchestra Scholarship Fund. For more information please call 1-800-832-ARTS.

**************************************************************
    River dance stars Darren Maguire and Maeve Croke along with other dancers will grace the Marsee Auditorium stage with “An Irish Christmas” on Friday Dec. 7 at 8 p.m.

The family-perfect show will be packed with storytelling, dancing, music from traditional Irish instruments.

Admission costs $32/28. Call the Center of the Arts at 1-800-832-ARTS with further inquiries.
    ************************************************************
    Next Sunday the Community Choir is going to perform, under the direction of Leslie W. Back, in the Campus Theatre on Saturday Dec. 8 at 8 p.m.

Tickets cost $8. Further inquires can be answered by calling 1-800-832-ARTS.
    The Music Department will present “Holidays in Harmony,” which is being performed by the South Bay Children’s Choir in Marsee Auditorium this Sunday at 4 p.m.

Part-time music instructor Diane Simons is the director of the choir with Taryn Koch, Ellen Steinmetz and Julie Corallo as the associate conductors.

Tickets are $8. More information can be found at centerforthearts.org or call 1-800-832-ARTS.
    Choir music will have a whole new meaning when the Concert Choir sings their hearts out in a show called “A MusiChoralogical Christmas (Combined)” in the Campus Theatre Sunday Dec. 9 at 3 p.m.

The Choir will be under the direction of music professor Joanna Nachef.

The cost of admission is $8. Interested persons may call 1-800-832-ARTS.
    ***************************************************************
    Do not be fooled by thinking the fun is over when college is. Sunday Dec. 15 at 8 p.m. Joanna Nachef is directing the
    Women’s Choir in a performance to remember.

The show will take place in the Campus Theatre.

Tickets are available for $8 online at www.centerforthearts.org or one can buy them by phone on (310) 329-5345.
    The favorable family musical is coming to a nearby town. Rodgers and Hammerstein’s “Cinderella” is on show at the Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center now through Dec. 16 at 8 p.m.

Enchanting characters and catchy songs make it hard not to warm one’s heart and be fully engaged.

For specific days and times call (310) 372-4477. Ticket prices range from $40 to $60.