Police Beat April 9-14

Monday, April 9 at 8:20 a.m. a detective was able to locate a suspect from a hit-and-run that occurred on campus the previous week. The detective contacted the victim to confirm if they were desirous of prosecution: the victim was no longer desirous and just wanted the suspect’s insurance information.

Thursday, April 12 at 9:26 p.m. officers observed a vehicle commit a violation on Crenshaw Boulevard at Lot L. During the stop it was discovered the driver, who was not a student had a warrant for their arrest. The driver was given a citation for their warrant with a new court date.

Thursday, April 12 officers observed a a subject who wasn’t a student, near the Facilities building and Alondra Park. The subject had been arrested numerous times by campus police for various crimes against the district and students. The subject was found to be in possession of an illegal knife. The subject was arrested and booked by Torrance Police Department. They were told to stay away from campus, again.

Friday, April 13 at 10:52 a.m. an officer observed a vehicle commit a traffic violation near Crenshaw Boulevard and Lot A . A traffic stop was conducted and the driver who isn’t a student, was found to be driving on a suspended license. The driver was issued citation and released.

Saturday, April 14 at 5:20 p.m. an officer was dispatched to the PE south complex in reference to the suspicious person previously stated. The subject, a non-student, had multiple prior arrests by campus police, in addition to a stay away order. The subject was arrested and booked by Torrance Police Department.