Police Beat, March 4 – March 10

March 4, 1:46 p.m. Officers responded to the east side of the Math, Business and Allied Health Building regarding a disturbance call between a male and female. The female student said her boyfriend shoved her after she refused to talk to him. The boyfriend, who was not a student, was arrested for battery and transferred to the Torrance Police Department.

March 4, 3:19 p.m. Officers responded to a classroom in the ITEC Building regarding a disturbance call. Two female students were involved in a verbal altercation after one girl gave the other a dirty look. The instructor called the police and sent the students home in fear the incident would escalate. Both of the girls were referred to the Student Development Office.

March 5, 3 p.m. Officers responded to the police lobby regarding a male student’s complaint against an officer. After a sergeant gave the student a complaint form, he smelled a strong odor of marijuana coming from him. The sergeant told the subject that his backpack would be searched and marijuana was found. During the search the subject pulled away from the sergeant and would not comply after being given a warning. He was arrested for failing to comply with an officer. He was booked and later released. The subject was arrested last week by ECPD after he caused a disturbance in the Student Service Center by throwing his water bottle against a wall and yelling about his class schedule.

March 5, 3:21 p.m. An officer responded to Lot K to assist a cadet who was performing a routine placard check. A female driver, who was not a student, had a $15,000 warrant issued by the Torrance Police Department for driving with a suspended license. She was cited for the warrant and released on scene.

March 7, 7:06 a.m. A cadet was monitoring a parking lot when he noticed a suspicious male looking into houses on Manhattan Beach Boulevard. The subject ran through an alley behind a donut shop where officers located and detained him. When officers went to get his license they found methamphetamine. After further investigation officers discovered that the man was on parole for possession of meth. The subject was transported to jail where he was later released.

March 9, 11:06 a.m. Officers responded to a medical aid call at the Student Activities Center where a female had a panic attack. She passed out at one point and paramedics were called and they transported her to a local hospital where she was treated.

March 10, 7:32 a.m. Officers conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle in Lot L after the driver had run through a stop sign. The driver was a female student and she was driving with a suspended license. She was issued a citation for the suspended license.