Police Beat Nov. 4-13

Nov. 13, 2:25 p.m. An officer responded to the fourth floor of the women’s restroom in the MBA Building regarding a medical aid call. A female student was throwing up as a result of eating “tainted” brownies. Paramedics arrived on scene, however, the student did not tell when or where she ate the brownies. She also refused to tell the officers who gave her the brownies.

Nov. 13, 8:30 a.m. An officer responded to Crenshaw Boulevard regarding a road rage incident that resulted to a traffic collision. Two non-student male subjects got into a minor collision. The person who collided into the other vehicle refused to stop and left the scene. The other driver went northbound, making another collision, ultimately resulting to both parties being detained. One of the drivers was arrested for a hit and run and driving without a license.

Nov, 12, 5:15 p.m. An officer responded to the Police Department lobby regarding a theft report. A male student claimed that someone stole his cellphone from his locker inside the men’s P.E. locker room. The student said that he had locked his locker prior to going to class. The locker was intact and had no sign of forced entry.

Nov. 10, 3:50 p.m. An officer responded to Crenshaw Boulevard regarding a traffic collision involving three vehicles. A male driver did not notice vehicles were stopped at a red light at the intersection and rear ended a vehicle, which rear ended another vehicle. None of the people involved were students.

Nov. 6, 12:12 p.m. An officer responded to the North P.E. patio regarding a medical aid call. A male student sitting in his classroom began to experience extreme pain that caused him to lose consciousness. The student fell out of his chair and hit his head, but quickly regained consciousness. The student was transported to a local hospital.

Nov. 6, 9:25 a.m. An officer responded to the north side of the Student Services Building regarding a theft report. A blind female student reported that someone stole her iPad from her bag.

Nov. 5, 6:05 p.m. An officer responded to the Music Building regarding a medical aid call. A male student was experiencing a severe panic attack. Paramedics arrived on scene and the student refused to be transported to a hospital. A family member arrived and gave him a ride home.

Nov. 5, 4:35 p.m. Officers responded to the MBA Building regarding a medial aid call. A female faculty member felt dizzy while lecturing before she lost consciousness. Paramedics were called and the faculty member regained consciousness, however she was transported to a local hospital for further examination.

Nov. 5, 11:10 a.m. An officer responded to the police station lobby regarding a theft report. The male student said that his bicycle was stolen form a bicycle rack located south of the Administration Building. The case is still in investigation.

Nov. 4, 11 p.m. An officer responded to the Student Services Building financial office regarding a medical aid call. A female custodian attempted to remove a piece of gum from a trash container. The trash container had a small needle inside resulting in an injury. The custodian was transported to an area hospital for further treatment.