Police Beat, Oct. 11-20

Oct. 20, 3:35 p.m. Officers responded to the library regarding a male student who was possibly drinking alcohol and bothering other female students. Officers contacted and located him and discovered the student was carrying a thermos with alcohol in it. The student was inebriated and uncooperative with officers, resulting in an arrest for disorderly conduct. He was transported to Torrance PD where he was booked. He will be charged for disorderly conduct and possessing alcohol on school grounds.

Oct. 17, 10:25 a.m. Officers responded to the P.E. Building regarding a medical aid call. A female student in a health class was feeling dizzy. The instructor and another student attempted to walk the student to the Health Center but the patient collapsed in a hallway. Paramedics arrived and the student was transported to an area hospital for further treatment.

Oct. 16, 2:15 p.m. Officers responded to Lot K regarding a traffic collision report. There were no injuries. Two vehicles were involved. One was a student and the other is unknown. The drivers exchanged information.

Oct. 15, 9:20 a.m. Officers responded to the Police Department lobby regarding a male subject with a warrant. The non-student subject was inquiring about live scan fingerprinting service. The man had a $26,000 traffic warrant issued out of the Compton Courthouse. The subject was issued a citation for the warrant and released.

Oct. 12, 3:35 p.m. Officers responded to a vandalism report in Lot E and found an unknown individual used a black marker to write graffiti on a parking permit machine.

Oct. 11, 11:20 p.m. Officers responded to the south side of the police station regarding a non-student female gaining entry to a parked vehicle. The female was uncooperative with officers and made statements about dead bodies concealed behind locked doors. The subject was placed in protective custody and transported to a local hospital for a 72-hour mental evaluation.

Oct.11, 5:40 a.m. An officer observed a male subject drinking a can of beer near the bookstore. The officer detained the non-student subject and found a glass pipe used for methamphetamine upon further investigation. The subject was issued a citation for possession of drug paraphernalia.