Police Beat, Sept. 29-Oct. 4

Oct. 4, 10:05 a.m. An officer responded to Lot D regarding a medical aid call. A female student was feeling dizzy, disoriented, and was vomiting. Paramedics were immediately notified and arrived on scene. The student was transported to a local hospital for further examination.

Oct. 3, 10:45 a.m. A female student worker fainted and lost consciousness while sitting on a chair at her desk in the Student Services Building. At no time did she fall out of her chair. Paramedics were immediately notified and arrived on scene. The student worker was transported to a local hospital for further examination.

Oct. 2, 5:30 p.m. Officers responded to the Auto Shops regarding a battery call. A female non-student and her adult son, also a non-student, were dropping off their vehicle to be serviced. At some point, the son got angry at his mother and struck her with his elbow on her shoulder. The mother desired a criminal prosecution, so the son was arrested for battery. The son was transported to the campus police jail where he was subsequently processed and released after signing a promise to appear in court.

Oct 1, 1:30 p.m. A female reported to the police department curious as to why her vehicle got towed on campus. The vehicle’s registration had expired and, upon further examination, the student had a $40,000 arrest warrant issued from the Burbank Police Department for burglary. The student was arrested and transported to a local police department for booking.

Oct. 1, 2:25 a.m. An officer observed a suspicious van in the south section of Lot H. The officer believed the van to be abandoned, but upon further inspection, observed that there were two dogs locked inside. The windows were rolled up and there was no food or water for the dogs. The officer gained entry into the van and brought the dogs to the station. They were given food and water. A dog rescue organization was called to take possession of the dogs. The van was later reported stolen and the officers had the van towed.

Sept. 30, 12:30 p.m. A female student was lifting weights in her P.E. class when she began to feel dizzy and lightheaded. She informed her instructor, who told her to walk to the Health Center, however, due to a gas leak near the Health Center, she was unable to get examined. After walking around, the student felt better and decided to seek medical attention on another date.

Sept. 30, 8 a.m. A female student said that the previous day she was involved in a verbal dispute with three other female students at the Art Patio. The female student reported that one of the three students challenged her to a fight at Alondra Park. The names of the three students remain unknown. The female student was advised to call campus police if she sees them again.

Sept. 29, 5:40 p.m. A female student experienced a seizure when walking outside of her dance class and fell to the ground. An officer responded to the South P.E. Complex Room 212 where the event occurred, and immediately called the paramedics. It was unknown whether the student hit her head. The student was transported by ambulance to a local hospital for further examination.