Police Beat, May 3-11

By Karen Garcia, Associate Editor

May 11, 1 p.m. Officers pulled over a male that was riding his bicycle while simultaneously talking on his cellphone. There is a Los Angeles County code that states you cannot talk on a cellular device while riding a bike. It was found that the male had a traffic warrant in the amount of $7500 out of the Los Angeles Police Department. The male was given a citation for his warrant and was warned about the traffic violation.

May 9, 4:30 p.m. Officers responded to the station regarding a theft report. At approximately 1:40 p.m. a male student was sitting at a desk in the second floor of the Schauerman Library. The male was watching Youtube videos on his iPod when he fell asleep. When he woke up an hour later his iPod was gone.

May 8, 3 p.m. Officers were conducting a foot patrol when they observed a male riding his bicycle on campus. The officers contacted the male and found that he had a warrant in the amount of $2500. The male was issued a citation for the warrant and was warned about riding his bicycle on the inner campus grounds.

May 7, 6:30 p.m. Officers responded to the station in regards of a theft report. A female, student, said that at approximately 6 p.m. she was studying in the second floor of the Schauerman Library. She left momentarily and left her property unattended. When she returned her laptop was gone.

May 3, 3 p.m. Officers responded to the station in regards of a possible identity theft report. A female student was trying to log into her MyECC account but could not get in. The account was being accessed by another female with the same social security number. The report was forwarded to the EC detective and the admissions office was notified as well.