Police Beat, April 27-May 3

By Karen Garcia, Associate Editor

May 3, 1 p.m. Officers responded to the men’s locker room in the north P.E. building regarding a theft report. A male student left his belongings in his personal locker at noon. When he returned to the locker 40 minutes later, the lock was no longer attached and his property was missing.

May 2, 5 p.m. Officers pulled over a vehicle on Crenshaw boulevard, south of Redondo Beach boulevard. The driver of the vehicle had committed a couple of illegal lane change violations. The driver, male non student, was driving with a suspended license. The driver was issued a citation for the violations and was able to legally park his vehicle at the location.

May 1, 10:40 p.m. Officers observed a suspicious vehicle in the Alondra Park parking lot adjacent to the facilities department. A male and female, non students, were inside the vehicle. After the officers conducted a search of both the driver and passenger, a small amount of cocaine was located in the driver’s pant pocket. The driver was arrested for illegal possession of a controlled substance and booked.

May 1, 9:30 a.m. Officers responded to the Math Study Center regarding a medical aid call. A staff member was injured in an attempt to move a rack. When he lifted the rack, it fell and landed on his chest. The paramedics were called and the staff member was transported to an area hospital for further treatment.

April 30, 9:30 a.m. Officer responded to the station in regards of a theft report. A female, student, was in the second floor of the student services center studying in a cubicle when she left her personal property unattended. When she returned her cell phone was missing.

April 29, 9:30 p.m. Officers responded to the station regarding a missing persons report. A 22-year-old female student with a developmental disability was said to be missing since 5 a.m. Parents of the female believed her destination was EC when she left her home. The report was given to the Los Angeles County sheriff department and they took over the report.

April 27, 4:15 p.m. A female juvenile was participating in the celebrity dance competition taking place on campus. The female was practicing her routine when she slipped and fell. The female injured her left arm due to the fall. Her mother arrived within a few minutes and decided that all the female needed was an ice pack for her injury.