Campus Viewpoints: Post-Election Results

“The Union” went out on campus to ask students whether they think Donald Trump will be a good president after winning the election and why they think that. Here are what some students had to say:

Bailey.jpg
Photo credit: Alba E. Mejia

Christina Bailey, 20, film/video major: “I don’t think (Trump will be a good president) because I don’t agree with his beliefs. Most Americans are minorities and how (he is) going to be against most of America. Especially because he doesn’t have any political experience and he’s old, he’s 70.”

Jensen.jpg
Photo credit: Alba E. Mejia

Erik Jensen, 21, astrophysics major: “I think Trump could be a good president not only because of the economic issues and his policies will help bring the economic standpoint of the U.S more into civility. Also, I believe he should try and deport (illegals), I think stopping them from coming in will help (Americans). Also, immigrants work for low wage jobs and if Americans start taking over those jobs they will demand a higher pay. Immigrants sometimes work in very bad conditions for fear of being deported and Americans taking over, will increase the working conditions.”

Vanessa Arredondo.jpg
Photo credit: Alba E. Mejia

Vanessa Arredondo, 18, business major: “I don’t think Trump will be a good president because his whole campaign is based on spreading hate and excluding minorities.”

Dunatucci.jpg
Photo credit: Alba E. Mejia

Michael Donatucci, 20, sociology major: “I think he is going to be a good president because he’s going to lower the taxes and get all the illegals out.”