Up for Debate: Xbox one is the best console

For the past decade in the video game industry, PlayStation and Xbox have been competing against each other to be the best console available on the market.

Years ago I used to give the edge to PlayStation, mainly because the PS3 used to have free online gaming. Having to pay for Xbox Live and seeing my friends play online for free was tough. But that is not the case anymore.

PlayStation Plus now costs $49.99 a year while Xbox Live is $59.99 a year. But there is a reason why Xbox’s price is a little bit more expensive, it’s better.

Having played online on both systems, to me, it is an easy choice. Xbox Live just seems better when connecting and playing with friends. It’s quicker, and overall a better experience. But when it comes down to it, it depends on what games you like to play.

Xbox has had one of the greatest game franchises ever in Bungie’s Halo. If you did not play Halo growing up you missed out on one of the best first-person shooter experiences of its time.

It may seem a bit crazy to buy a console just because of one game, but I believe Halo kept Xbox’s selling for years. The following of Masterchief’s adventures in the franchise led to millions of copies being sold over a decade.

Another franchise that has been very successful for Xbox is Gears of War. This is a third-person shooter that is exclusively on Xbox. Behind Halo, this is Xbox’s top franchise.

One awesome feature that the Xbox One is going to have is backwards compatibility with Xbox 360 games. What was so great about the Xbox 360, was that you could put in a game from the original Xbox, and still play it. Pretty soon, you will be able to do the same thing with the Xbox One.

This is a fun feature to have because it allows people to go back and relive a game they used to love playing growing up.

The PS4 used to have an edge in price when the Xbox One used to require the Kinect to come with every console. That is no longer is the case, dropping the price $100 and evening out with the PS4.

Small factors like graphics, and being able to access more than one app at a time are a couple more reasons I see the Xbox One out in front when comparing consoles.

Both PlayStation and Xbox have come a long way, and are very successful. Nevertheless, Xbox seems to be continuously making strides to be the best console available.