Does the possibility of STDs affect your sex life ? Yes

wake up feeling shameful because all of those years of safe-sex education in school went to waste.

About one out of four college students are infected with sexually transmitted diseases, according to dailyinfographic.com. This may be enough information to deter students from even kissing.

Simple things like noticing a red bump on a first date’s upper lip could defenitely affect the way a the rest of the night goes.

If the facts were common knowledge, students would probably change their sexual habits drastically.

The fact is, there is no way to truly determine whether your sex partner is infected because the majority of people that are infected with STDs do not show symptoms.

The best step one could take in saving oneself from an STD would be to simply ask their partner if he or she has been tested, although it may be awkward.

Still, no matter how trust worthy a partner they may be, he or she may not even remember if they’ve been tested since their last sexual encounter.

Negligence could be the reason for contracting an STD but if negligence continues and it goes untreated, serious complications could occur.

An untreated STD could lead to serious long-term consequences like reproductive health problems, fetal and perinatal health problems, cancer, and facilitation of transmission HIV, according to healthypeople.gov.

Out of all reports made to the CDC, almost half of the cases are among ages 15 to 24. This leaves every college student at a greater risk than any other age group on the planet.

Students are frequenting clinics with costs estimated at $15.9 billion a year, according to healthypeople.gov.

STDs are obviously affecting the sex lives of students, if they aren’t affected directly by infection, they are at least taking precautions.

Students may feel as if it can’t happen to them and even if it does, they may feel there’s something that could be done about it, but many times it’s too late.