Campus Corner: Daniel Berney Head Adviser Circle K Club

Daniel Berney is the head adviser of the Circle K club. With 40 active members, the club meets in the Music Building Room 211 every Tuesday from 1 to 2 p. m.

What are your specific duties as head adviser?
I attend and oversee weekly meetings.  I advise in financial matters and I also oversee special activities and fundraising.

Who is the president of the club?
Irene Iwasaka is the club president.

What are the requirements to join the club?
There are no requirements, simply an application form and some small due fees need to be paid to join.

What goes on during club meetings?
We start with agenda presentations on up coming activities. We introduce new members, update the website and lend support to other members whether it be for successes of the club or challenges.

How does the club contribute to the campus and the community?
Circle K club participates in service projects for the school and community. Fundraisers, car washes, beach clean-ups and giving food for the homeless are some activities we take part in.  We give all of our money earned to needy organizations.

When was the club founded?
I took over as head adviser eight or nine years ago, I would say the club has been around for at least 12 to 15 years.  We are the most active club on campus and we run year round.

What are the club goals for this year?
To continue interacting with local chapters and just have a fun time doing what we do.

Are there any perks in being a member of the Circle K club?
The club helps students create lifelong friends and helps students become more marketable for future career opportunities.