Is Japan’s radiation a threat to America? Yes

The radiation that was released after the disaster in Japan is real and dangerous.

According to the article, “Health Effect of Radiation Poisoning: Questions and Answers” on the Bloomberg Business week website, the first symptoms of radiation are exposure nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.     The person will also experience a loss of appetite, fatigue, fever possible seizures and coma.

Gov. Jerry Brown has said that the nuclear Japan crisis will not affect people in the U.S., but that is a bit hard to believe.

Recently it has been brought to our attention that the source was a crack in concrete of radioactive water leaking into the sea, which is now in the Pacific Ocean.

It has been said that they don’t know how the radiation was getting into the sump, which is a pit in which liquid collects.

Therefore, how do Americans know we cannot be affected by the Japan radiation?

That alone raises a few questions.

What about the fish imported from Japan?

Will the fish be OK after some exposure to radiation?

At least one place doesn’t think so.

According to an article on the CBS news website, a Los Angeles fish market that imports fish from Japan is having its samples sent to an Arizona lab to test for radiation.

However, the U.S. is a half a globe away from Japan.

But there are always possibilities that a small amount of radiation can become a huge amount in a matter of time.

According to the Seattle Times website,

the radiation that is traveling from Japan to the U.S., shouldn’t be a concern.

The article states that we encounter radiation from cellphones, but weren’t we also warned that those too can be harmful?

One can never be too careful and just like we prepare disasters that occur in our own country we should prepare for others.

Japan actually placed thousands of people in evacuation centers where they can stay away from the radiation.

One way to protect ourselves from this radiation exposure is to stockpile on potassium iodide pills.

According to Manny Alvarez, a doctor from the Fox News website, potassium iodide protects the thyroid from the exposure.

It also cannot undo damage that has already been done to the thyroid and therefore the person who may be exposed needs to get treatment as quickly as possible.

To be on the safe side, if you see any of those radiation exposure symptoms, a trip to the doctors might not be such a bad idea.