Who is right in the NFL negotiations? Players

With the National Football League owners looking to cut players’ salaries and add two more games to the schedule, the NFL is turning more into the “No Fun League.”

Both parties are in a tug-of-war match to receive more of the league’s $9 billion in annual revenue.

These negotiations need to be ended now and the owners need to give the players what they want.

The players are what the fans pay to see and the players are what bring in the endorsement deals for teams.

The idea that the owners want to reduce the players’ salary and add two more games is ridiculous.

That’s like telling someone who works 9 to 5 everyday that they have to work overtime and won’t get paid more for it but less.

The negotiations have taken a turn for the worse since the owners called for a lockout after the two parties couldn’t come to an agreement in the collective bargaining agreement negotiations.

A lockout also won’t solve anything. The players take on injuries and train hard to be in shape to play every season and to withstand the punishment they take throughout each game.

A little cushion for them to fall on in the wallets, will go a long way for them continuing to be the best athletes in the world.

In today’s economy, the players are ready to do whatever necessary to play a sport.

For instance, Chris Johnson of the Tennessee Titans said he would join the U.S. track team according to an article on Yahoo.

The facts are there. The players aren’t willing to sit back and relax while the owners continue to deny every suggestion from the players association.

For the sake of everyone’s Sundays, the owners need to open their checkbooks and give the players what they want.

They need to give the players the 50-50 split they want or keep things the same.

The longer this process goes on for, the more impatient the players are going to get.

The players need a job and are not afraid to go out and find one.

Regardless if it is in the Canadian Football League or the United Football League, the players will find a job playing a sport they love.

Eventually a deal will need to be made so both parties don’t continue to lose money.

By this point the owners have a lot more to lose than the players do.

Fans want to see the best players on the field doing what they are best at.