The end of the semester means freedom for all

Time to hit the books and study during the last mile of this marathon we call a semester. We are finally in the last stretch and what’s a proper goodbye without finals, we will all be taking one or more.

It is tough to saying we are looking forward to the most difficult test of the semester, but I can say I am, along with a hand full of other students. I know that once those burdensome tests are done with, I can have fun.

In other words, I have already made plans. I will be traveling to Arizona via bus and I will have numerous trips to the happiest place on Earth, Disneyland.

Once at my dream location, I will buy churro after churro to makeup for the lost time spent in class. If I begin to miss Disneyland even more, I will spend $6 on a glorious scoop of handmade ice cream.

I have a personal goal to go to Disneyland everyday for one week. I want to see if it is possible to be annoyed by the magical kingdom.

I also have an opportunity to fly to the Philippines, Florida and Montana. All of my possible and definite vacation plans have the motivation to do well on my finals.

The last day of my finals turns into a celebratory night where I do not have to go to sleep before midnight.

It also is a welcome to not waking up early. I cannot even count how many days I was up before 9 a.m., and that includes the precious weekends.

Half of the days I was awake early were not because of school. Instead, I was just so used to being awake at the crack of dawn I could not sleep later even if I tried.

Now I can say goodbye to that tiresome routine and enjoy the relaxation of a little vacation. Not only does my vacation consist of traveling, but most importantly sleep and my all time favorite leisure activities.

I have only seen two movies since the semester began and one was required. I will officially be able to watch a movie after 10 p.m. and not worry about missing my beauty sleep.

I have hardly been able to play video games, either. It is unimportant so I put it on hold when I have a full agenda. Soon enough I can look forward to staring at a blaring screen for hours.

It does not seem relaxing, but playing a game is an escape from stress. There is no stress or set of plans I have to abide by when playing.

Unfortunately, it is not long until the next semester will begin its downpour of school work. That is not including the fact some students will register for the winter session.

There is about a month between the fall and winter semester for fun. Then it is back to the two-pound textbooks.

However, I am hoping the small amount of vacation will be rejuvenating enough to deal with the new semester.

The fall semester is over in a mere 35 days and even though I am not counting, these are the most stressful days of the semester.

These last few weeks are the time to bring that grade up to an A, make sure all assignments are turned in and study like there is no tomorrow in order to pass the final. Good luck to you.