Anthony Moreno is the president of the Society of Music.

What is the Society of Music?
The Society of Music is an organization established to ensure availability of music programs and resources to students.ÿWe try to give back to the department to further help students succeed in their musical endeavors.ÿThe club is also beneficial for student musicians to network with their peers.

Why should students join your club?
Everyone has music engrained into their DNA and it’s one of the few things where no matter what your major is, you’ll always have music as a part of your life.ÿ So it makes it very open for anyone to join. Music is a powerful thing that anyone can connect with.

How do you join?
You don’t have to be a music major to join.ÿAnyone who has a passion for music is welcome.

Where and when does your club meet?
We meet every Tuesday at 1 p.m. downstairs in the Music Building in Room 2 across from the Haag Recital Hall.

What are some upcoming events?
We are having a student-run recital Nov. 20 at the Haag Recital Hall.ÿThe $10 admission will help support the music department.ÿTickets are available at the box office.ÿ We will be showcasing the great talent we have within our music department, our applied program as well as our community.ÿIt will be a good blend of students who are music majors as well as non-music majors, people who support us.

What is something unique about your club?
What we do as fundraisers is what we want to do in real life.ÿOur big fundraisers are our performances and I think that’s very unique to any club.ÿ We put on shows and support our peers and department by doing what we want to do, not by selling baked goods or asking for donations.
ÿ
Why should students join your club?
Fine arts have a reputation of being first to face cuts whenever budget issues are involved.ÿ Students should join to make sure our music program doesn’t dwindle.ÿI don’t think students on campus know how easily this stuff can be taken away if it isn’t utilized.

What is a typical meeting like?
We announce what’s happening on campus and any upcoming events.ÿWe make sure to stay active within our campus and help with any activities. We update members on events within the music department like performances at the Marsee Auditorium or Campus Theatre. We like to create open forums for any ideas or concerns to help improve our department.