Caffeine: Why it gives me the jitters

In the morning, I have a cup to wake me up and keep me focused.

In the afternoon, I have it to keep the stress level down while doing homework.

In the evening, I have it to discuss the day with my friends.

I’m talking coffee.

It is the love child of America’s want for a quick fix and something that tastes good.

While it seems to be the cause of the millions of high-strung workers out there and the increase in faster, yet sloppier work, it has also become a new way to bring people together.

Coffee has become a symbol for communication between people, whether it is present at a meeting in the office or between a group of people sitting on the patio of a cafe.

Everywhere you look, it is all around in various sorts of social situations.

Coffee has formed a culture around itself.

There are now so many ways for different people to enjoy it, and while it may create the image of the sterotypical caffeine freak ordering what sounds like a chemical formula, it has become open and more friendly to people everywhere.

But the fact is, it is so common and acceptable that its integration in our society and others across the world now seems to have gone unnoticed.

Because really, who’s counting just how many people they see with a cup of coffee in their hands?

Of course, the disadvantages such as caffeine have been noted.

It has become such a staple in all cultures, that, if you are anything like me, you cannot shy away from it.

It is nearly a necessity as it is in the hands of most overworked college students and both blue and white collar workers rushing to be on time every morning.

I see no harm in this, as what was once something people made in their homes is now something that everyone can get on the go, but it is also something that can retain its homely feeling by means of a relaxing coffee shop.

I find revelry in my daily cups of coffee which can range between two and eight cups depending on how busy I am and quite frankly, I don’t understand its bad reputation.

Maybe it’s because can be considered one of those “legal drugs” because of the side-effects caffeine has and the labor that goes into getting coffee beans.

I certainly understand my friend’s joking concerns as I frantically type corrections and edit pages for the newspaper, but surprisingly enough, coffee has done positive things for the world as well.

I am certain that people in this generation would have a hard time seeing any casual outing without coffee, only proving how much of a social affair coffee is.

No matter its impact, people should sit back and enjoy it and embrace its cultural prowess.

Perhaps I am strung out on caffeine, but I think coffee is here to stay and as far as I’m concerned, no nasty health issues are prying my hands off my coffee cup.