Who’s got your vote: John McCain

Sen. John McCain is a POW war veteran.

He is the right man for president because he has a commitment to protecting and defending the U.S. against foreign and domestic enemies and a consistent record of adherence to conservative principles.

He also possesses the ability to hold together the Republican coalition of economic and social conservatives and capability to take on Sen. Barack Obama and the Democratic party.

While others boast about their executive political or business experience, it is the experience on the field of battle which impresses us about McCain.

National security is a crucial issue of the 2008 campaign.

McCain understands the threat we face against terrorism and what it will take to solve the problems.

The way the problems in Iraq are handled over the next few years will have a huge impact on the ability of the U.S. to protect itself.

If we withdraw immediately from Iraq, it will be a victory for the terrorists and it will force our nation to be on the defense.

The Democratic strategy of immediate withdrawal would only result in U.S. forces returning to Iraq later, only this time under the direction of U.N. Peacekeepers rather than U.S. Military Commanders.

While McCain has earned a reputation as a political maverick, a look at his record shows him to one of the most consistently conservative candidates in the Republican party.

He has always fought hard against government overspending and supported the individual’s right to bear arms.

He has supported a free-market economy and strongly supports choice and competition in fields such as education and health care.

McCain’s fears about over spending have proven true as the Bush administration has done little to solve the problem.

McCain supports campaign finance reform laws.

His heart is in the right place as a conservative in attempting to remove special interest money and influence from the election process and return it more to the people.

In addition, McCain has shown the ability to find common ground with even the most liberal members of the Senate; this speaks to McCain’s personal credibility and character.

McCain is the candidate who will fight to dig us out of this economic hole.