Campus Forum: VictorMonge

Victor Monge is the president of the
Architecture Club.

What is the Architecture Club?
A lot of architecture students who get together to do competitions and community service projects. In April, our club is going to San Luis Obispo to compete. We also are doing some fundraisers now that we are an actual active club after getting with Inter-club Council.

Why is the Architecture Club important to EC?
We want to give our school a good reputation so we want to start working on a project to build a greenhouse here so it benefits the (college) and gives us (the architecture students) more experience.

How can students become involved with the Architecture Club?
Students can check our e-mail at [email protected] and our meetings are every Tuesday from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. in Room 253 of the Technical Arts Building. We also just have representatives go to architecture classes and announce our club activities.

What are the student requirements to be part of the club?
Students just have to have a good standing academically with classes and be motivated and try to participate. It is amazing it is our first semester as a solidified club and everyone is participating.

What are the goals for the club?
I want to try to represent EC so when we apply to transfer, we make EC look good. Also, to make it so that the club creates a good job opportunity or academic opportunity.

What are your personal goals for the club?
I want to leave our club and solidify our club to be a legitimate contender against any other club.

What was the BBQ fundraiser on Oct. 14 for?
It is to help sponsor our trips and our greenhouse project.

What are your duties as club president?
Pretty much everything. I make sure everything is good and I keep people motivated and make sure I built a family environment.

Are there any more upcoming events?
We are going to universities for competitions and working with Rotaract Club to do some community service work and trying to participate in a Ronald McDonald Foundation event to build playgrounds for children.

Is there anything else you would like to say about the club in general?
Architecture is awesome and to all my members, thank you for your contribution and thanks to our advisers because without them we wouldn’t be here and thanks to the (college) for allowing us to host our BBQ.