Yes: All states should allow gay marriage

While same-sex marriage may be against someone else’s standards, that should be no excuse for denying gay and lesbian couples the right to get married.

Just because some think it is not “natural” or because it conflicts with someone’s religion does not mean that the two wanting to get married are not human, with real feelings.

It’s nobody else’s decision who gets to marry whom and if they are allowed to do so or not.

It is understandable that people want their beliefs respected, but sometimes one needs to cast those aside and allow others to act freely, especially in the case of gay marriage, as being able to wed will make many people much happier.

Homosexual marriage is not outrageous, as it serves the same purpose as heterosexual marriage, which is to show love and commitment to another person.

It is arguable that heterosexual marriage is also used to produce children, but there are plenty of heterosexual couples who cannot produce children.

Homosexuals are humans, too; they deserve the same rights to pursue happiness and be with their loved ones just as much as heterosexual person do.

Heterosexuals will want the comfort of knowing that their marriage is also sacred and that they no longer have to live as just a couple or domestic partners.

Marriage may be traditional, but homosexual marriage may promote traditional values.

Allowing homosexual marriage will be beneficial to all; homosexual couples can be good providers for the economy and the complicated issues that arise from domestic partnerships will be almost erased.

Homosexuals should at least be given a chance to have their relationships acknowledged and respected.