Campus Forum: Walter Mendez

Walter Mendez is the president of the Inter-Club Council.

What is Inter-Club Council?
Inter-Club Council’s basic main purpose is to provide students with a variety of opportunities for campus involvement and a chance for clubs to interact.

How did you become involved with ICC?
I became involved with ICC through a friend who told me about all of the opportunities and activities. I was appointed historian and then, at the end of the year, I ran and was elected for ICC president.

How can other students become involved?
We have weekly meetings from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. which any students on campus can be involved in to hear about upcoming events.

What are ICC’s goals?
ICC goals are to bring unity and campus involvement to EC and to bring unity to the campus.

How long have you been attending El Camino?
I have been attending two semesters.

Why is ICC important to the campus?
Without ICC there wouldn’t be any clubs on campus. We bring involvement and possibilities to the campus.

What are your goals for ICC?
I want to make ICC the best in years, have the most student involvement and the most student commitment.

What are the requirements to join ICC?
The requirements are to have an ASB sticker, be active in a club and to have a 3.0 GPA. But to also qualify for your position.

What are your duties as President of ICC?
My duties are to oversee all events on campus. I chair all Inter-Club Council meetings and job is to direct the cabinet and continually develop innovative methods of getting the word out to the student body about ICC events in a way that is both effective and interesting.

Any last comments about ICC?
This year’s cabinet is by far the most motivated, qualified and diverse group of leaders.