Aggresive driving is taking an unecessary risk

I’m like you in the sense that I know that the posted speed limit plus 10 is the real speed limit, a car with a “Buckle Up” bumper sticker just screams “Tailgate me!” and a yellow light means “Kill if you must to make it.”

There are plenty of purposeful errors everyone makes on the road just to get from point “A” to point “B” with their sanity still intact, but sometimes driving blunders are a result of outright aggression.

This anger is especially common in youth, as younger drivers appear to be hastier, as is apparent around EC.

There are far too many young drivers on the road who take driving much too seriously, to the point where they endanger others just because they are too caught up in their own hostilities to realize what they are doing wrong.

While it is best to simply obey every rule of the road, little excuses everyone has are OK and able to be overlooked once in a while.

We’re only human, after all, and will inevitably succumb to some frustration or anxiety when driving.

There is no excuse, however, for going freeway speed on a crowded street, cutting people off, or running obvious red lights.

Too many people become so angry behind the wheel that they commit serious driving errors and even give others the courage to do so as well.

I could not believe my eyes when a group of people wanting to turn left onto Artesia Boulevard got so angry about a driver waiting so long to turn that it caused the arrow to turn red. Everyone in the line decided they were sick of waiting and they all ran the red arrow.

To top that, they tailgated each other just to make themselves feel better as if to say: “I was already going; it’s just this guy here who made me miss the light.”

This ridiculous behavior should never be expressed on the road, as it is highly dangerous to others and could get people killed, especially if they are speeding.

It is commonplace for people to complain about those who speed at a face-melting level, but it is not exactly a complaint that is becoming obsolete.

We all have done our fair share of speeding, but so many people always want to go faster than someone, even if that someone was speeding as well!

What needs to be recognized is that although no one can be expected to go the exact speed limit at all times, there is no reason to go faster than 80 mph at any time, especially on the street.

Other drivers can be frustrating, but it’s not worth risking their lives just to be able to go faster or get to where you need to go.

Youth seem to be more willing to speed, and some attribute it to youth thinking they know everything, when it really should be attributed to plain old bad behavior.

If someone is old enough to obtain a driver’s license and is capable to pass the driving test, they should be more responsible and cautious when getting in their cars.

Youth also tend to have a habit of communicating their anger more freely.

I know I have gotten my fair share of dirty language, dirty looks and crude hand gestures that I do not care to discuss.

Maybe foul language or giving someone a gesture may not exactly be life-threatening, but it is an obvious sign of rage gone too far.

After all, when confronted by a driver suffering from road rage, that driver is usually seen making an outrageous maneuver and speeding off into the distance.

Drivers, especially young drivers, must take better care and consider the consequences of these actions.

There is never any need for savage, animalistic behavior, especially not in a situation in which a critical accident can occur at any time.

Perhaps these drivers may not feel they are being unsafe, but it is in everyone’s best interest for everyone to pay attention to what they are doing on the road, as awareness can stop someone in time if there is a possibility of an accident occurring.

It is far too early in the lives of younger people to show such rage and ruin their lives and the lives of others because of carelessness and lack of self-control.

Maybe being safe isn’t the cool thing to do, or maybe America ‘s youth needs to attend anger management classes, but it certainly makes me angry to know that people in my age group are being so irresponsible and jeopardizing safety without a second thought.