Yes: Has the slow economy hurt you?

The economy’s current decline is hurting and affecting all. The soaring gas and food prices continue to get higher on a weekly basis.

The recession is causing Americans to work harder and longer shifts to make enough money to pay their bills. They are trying to cut back on necessities, such as medicine and food because they cannot afford them.

In a poll conducted in March, 75 percent of 1,000 Americans surveyed said they believe the economy is in recession. According to CNN.com, major corporations are laying off employees and experiencing pay cuts.

There just isn’t enough money to pay employees.

Employers are hiring less since the country’s economy started its slump. People are driving and spending money less, whether it be in grocery stores or in department stores.

The ongoing war in Iraq is another factor contributing to the economy’s downfall. The war is making the deficit bigger and making the dollar weaker world wide

Promises and vows from politicians in the current campaigns are assuring voters the war will be over and they will do their best to get the economy back on its feet.

Also, the housing market continues to grow worse for the realty agencies, borrowers and the owners.

Mortgage rates continue to increase, causing foreclosure of homes nationwide.

College students find it harder to get through a semester, especially when they are trying to budget with minimum wage jobs.

With prices high and less money in pockets, Americans are financially hurt and suffering.