Yes: Do Americans work too much?

Even God rested on the seventh day.

Americans, on the other hand, don’t know when to take a vacation from their busy work schedules.

Americans are taking on more overtime hours and less vacation due to the rising cost of living.

Prices are rising everywhere, such as the gas prices that will hit $4 any time now.

Even food prices are constantly rising, as a new study has found that many Americans are concerned about the rising cost of their groceries.

Another study found that 77 percent of Americans who go grocery shopping once a week use discount coupons, yet many walk out feeling that the food is overpriced and they have paid too much for it.

On average, Americans work about eight hours a day, while Europeans work on average of six hours a day.

In 2006 a study found that Americans were working 12 percent more overtime than the previous year.

Also, in terms of hours worked in a year, Americans average 1,777 hours a year compared to the French who work 1,346 hours.

Americans are working at least 200 more hours than some Europeans.

Those 200 hours could better be used away from the daily grind of a 9-5 work week by taking a family trip that many of them dream of going on, but never actually do.

An average American has 4 weeks of vacation time while Europeans take at least 6 weeks in vacation time.

Americans could benefit from taking it slow and “letting the good times roll.”

They have only one life to live.

They can’t spend their lives working to survive instead of working to live life.