No: Should we prepare for earthquakes

During the Cold War children were taught alternate ways of protecting themselves in case a nuclear war were to take place.

?A desk above your body and arms around your face would do the trick.

People turn to safety programs and evacuation plans only when the worst and the unexpected occurs.

The sad truth is, people are never going to be prepared enough.

The majority of people are not exposed to catastrophic natural disasters throughout their lifetimes and therefore rarely think of preparing for them.

The fact is, one is walking on soil that is prone to the unthinkable and it is ultimately unpredictable and undefeatable.

So what use will it be to pack your garage with gallons of drinkable water or take down large frames or mirrors from the walls?

Will that really save you?

Do scientists know what Mother Nature is capable of doing?

Earthquakes have hit the Golden State yet you don’t see everyone suiting up and fortifying their house in order to survive an earthquake.

?Earthquakes’ love affair with Southern California has not stopped mansion invasions on edgy, unstable cliffs from Palos Verdes to Malibu. ?

History has made its point; mankind can claim power over Earth, but this planet has no owner nor does it follow any rules or predictions. ?

In the end, one might never witness a catastrophe, yet waste time and energy preparing for one.

A desk would have not saved the children from nuclear war.

Bottles of water and canned food in your garage will not help when an earthquake strikes.