Parking is still an issue that students find no solutions to

EC is going through many renovations at the moment, and one of its renovations includes the construction of a new five-level parking structure on what is presently Lot H.

It is great that the college is creating more parking, however, at the moment when the construction is going on and the parking spaces are cut even more, some students just get frustrated.

There is enough stress while coming to school; there’s the traffic people must go through in order to get to school, the responsibility of school itself, and the stress of other things that occupy students outside of school.

For example, some students leave their houses to be at school sometimes even half an hour to 45 minutes before their class just to make sure they have enough time to search every lot for parking.

Parking here is overwhelming, and if students want a good parking spot they must either come here before 7 a.m., before most students get to school, or park illegally.

Trying to find parking in the morning is not only frustrating, but a waste of time.

It is frustrating because after roaming every single parking lot on campus more than once and still not finding a parking space, it makes you reconsider riding a bike to school.

Also, it’s a waste of time because instead of most students spending time looking for parking, they could instead spend more time preparing for a class, spend less time in a rush and even drive to school without being impatient.

By mid-semester, the parking issues calm down and little by little, the parking spaces are easier to find, but now this seems to be unlikely with the construction of the new structure and the high number of students who attend EC.

Hopefully, next year when this five-level structure is in use, the congestion found at the beginning of every semester will disappear.

Hopefully, students will not have to spend as much time looking for parking as they spend in class.